The Mermaid Detox Diet is the perfect way to align with the sea and the universe. If you begin to feel fragmented or highly anxious, mermaids have a soothing way of smoothing ruffled feathers through a holistic healing method called a detox. Nobody does a detox better than mermaids!
How does a detox work? A good, healthy detox should work on both a physical and spiritual level. Detoxing means you’re literally getting toxins out of your mind, body, and soul.
What happens if you don’t release toxins from your body? You’re nerve endings begin to feel curled up and anxious. Your heart begins to race and you’ll have trouble falling asleep at night because your mind is so alert.
Another side effect of toxins is serious health conditions, weight gain, depression, anxiety, and the inability to focus and concentrate. Luckily, there are several natural ways to get rid of toxins from your life.
How do you know if you’re overwhelmed with bodily toxins? Besides the above symptoms, you’ll begin to feel lethargic, super stressed, and fragmented in your soul. Believe me, you’ll know!
Have you ever been in a bad mood and then went to the ocean? Suddenly, you’re cured! You instantly feel tranquility come over you and your bad mood dissipates. That’s what mermaids do for you!
Most people generally have a fondness for mermaids but don’t necessarily believe in them. Mermaids are real and they are the helpers of the sea! Detoxing is one of their favorite methods for helping you heal your fragmented soul.
You see, detoxing isn’t just for the body, it’s for the soul as well! Sometimes without realizing it, we need to detox in other ways.
Maybe we’re in need of detoxing our language. Swear words actually carry a lot of weight. I say this out of non-judgment, as I use curse words in everyday life too, and I struggle to break this bad habit. It is basically said that any type of negative speak can create toxins within your whole life.
This includes swearing, gossip, talking “crap” about loved ones or even strangers, as well as any kind of toxic language about hating your life. Mermaids, non-judgemental spirit helpers that they are, want to free you of all the heavy burdens and weight you are carrying.
The Mermaid Detox Diet: How It Works
You don’t have to call on the mermaids or even believe in them to use the detox diet, though it certainly doesn’t hurt. You just have to believe that this detox diet will work for you.
This is part negativity detox and part physical detox. You’ll need to gather a few simple, magical supplies to start. You may even already have them laying around your house.
What You’ll Need
- Sea Salt or Pink Himalayan Salt. Both are heavy detoxifiers and you’ll need them for the tub. This is where your detox begins.
- Something to Hold Yourself Accountable. It can be a buddy, beads, or pen and paper. This is for when you start being negative or for breaking the curse of the curse words habit. Either way, it works! You drop a bead in a jar when you’re being negative or you write it down. Trust me, this stuff works!
- Two Aquamarine Crystals. These gemstones are a mermaid favorite! When I am feeling burdened by the weight of responsibility, these detox crystals are placed in my bra or in my hands while I sleep at night. Yes, I sleep with crystals;)
- Workout Gear. You can use whatever you like but you’re going to sweat out those toxins in record time. The treadmill, weights, yoga mat, whatever works best for you.
- A Bathtub. I think you knew this one was coming but you’re going to need to a tub so that you can take a sea salt bath, at least a thirty minute one. The longer the better! Feel free to add candles and anything else that helps you to relax and unwind.
- Detox Tea. I like to use Organic Smooth Move Peppermint by Traditional Medicinals.
- A Juicer and Fruits and Veggies. You’re going to want to juice those toxins out too. I can’t think of a better way.
Break It Down
Let’s break it down for you now that you have your supplies at the ready. Get a piece of paper and make a commitment. Write out your name and what you plan to do and for how long. Put a date on it and sign it. This is your contract with yourself to detoxify your life.
Some people work better under pressure, while others do better in the long-term. Choose the method that is best for you.
You can also add your own personal touches. You can get detailed on what your detox diet will include and make your own guidelines. Here are a few tips to get you through the next few days. Get ready to feel restored and whole!
- Day One – After signing your detox contract, prepare a sea salt bath. Make sure it’s hot tub hot and bring a glass of water in with you for hydration. Pour an entire container of sea salt in and stay in for at least a half hour for best results. Be sure to dunk your head under water too, so that your face and hair enjoy the release. You can throw those aquamarine crystals in the water or carry them for an extra detox boost.
- Day Two – Think Positive Thoughts and Speak in Optimistic Terms. While you won’t be able to control every thought, you’ll be able to see how negative you’ve been! You’ll also be aware of your speaking style. Do you gossip? Swear? You’ll be able to see everything clearly now. This is a good time to use your accountability tactic.
- Day Three – If you haven’t already, add in sweat sessions. Start slow if you need to but the important thing is to sweat it out!
- Day Four – Start Juicing! I recommend juicing at least once a day but more, especially when detoxing, is even better. Check out All About Juicing for more tips on how to join the world of juicing.
- Day Five – Release extra toxins by drinking a detox tea. You’ll need to release toxins by going to the bathroom a lot so you’ll want to stay near a bathroom when either using a detox tea or juicing.
If you can get to the sea or a fresh body of water, kudos to you! You’ll earn additional points for this. The ocean especially is an automatic detox for mind, body, and soul. It will clear your mind, clean your thoughts, and lift your spirits in the happiest way.
If you have any questions on performing a detox, please feel free to ask me in the comments. I will be adding more juice recipes and detox elixirs at a later date. Stay tuned!