What is holistic magic and how do you use it. I started using holistic magic several years ago before I even knew what it was. Through the years, I’ve gotten more clarity on the topic, to better define what it is so I can use it my everyday life.
Let’s start with defining what it is. Holistic magic is energy. It’s an essence. It’s a way of being that comes from within that draws on the wellspring of your natural healing powers.
You may have heard before that the body has self-healing abilities and this is true. However, holistic goes above and beyond just your health and well-being. It speaks of tapping your energy into the bigger energy source of the universe then blending it. It’s real magic at it its best!
If that sounds complicated to you, let’s break it down for you. By being able to define what it is, I’ll help you uncover how to use it. As a matter of fact, you may already be using it and not even know it!
Breaking Down Holistic Magic
Holistic Magic is YOU! Your essence, your energy, your natural healing abilities, your spirituality, wellness, your everything. Now, that’s power!
Holistic Magic is the UNIVERSE! It is the energy and essence of God, the angels, deceased loved ones, people who have lived on the planet before, people who live here now. It is everything and that’s what you’ll be tapping into. It is a pure energy, even though it is derived from human beings too.
Not that human beings are bad in general, it’s just that we’re here to learn lessons while on earth and in the process there is a lot of suffering involved in that. That’s part of the energy too. It’s both yin and yang, dark and light. Again, it is everything but it is made pure by love.
When you blend your energy into the purification of a larger energy source, you’ll feel connected, whole, and magical. Thus, holistic magic.
How do I tap into holistic magic and what can I use it for? Well, let’s discuss that for a moment. It sounds huge because we’re talking about our power and the power of the entire universe. But it’s actually really easy to blend and embellish.
How to Tap Into Holistic Magic and Use It
You can tap into holistic magic and use it by starting with your own energy and essence. Believe it or not, your energy and affects the energy of other people and the entire universe. That’s how important you are and how much you truly matter. It’s kind of a game changer, don’t you think?
Make your health and spirituality your number one priority. This is your holistic magic. This is what you can give back to the world.
What does this really mean? It means doing things each day to care for yourself. It could mean taking a hot bubble bath at the end of the day, working out in the morning before work or dealing with the kids, it could mean losing that 10 pounds you’ve been meaning to lose.
Going deeper with this concept, you’re taking care of the “whole” of you and that’s what makes it holistic. Caring and tending to your mind, body, and soul.
Map it out each day on a sticky note or a piece of paper. What can I do for my mind? What can I do for my soul? What can I do for my body? Keep each question separate and write down your answer as a daily ritual.
For example, today I’m getting my nails done with my youngest daughter. Getting your nails done is physical, so it’s for the body. It’s relaxing and therapeutic, so it’s for the mind. It makes you feel like a million bucks during and afterward, so you could even say it’s for the soul too!
If I were to do nothing else today, then this one ritual will have fulfilled today’s holistic magic and that’s huge. Anything else is just bonus!
But you might ask me? Well, is that really for the soul? Is that spiritual? If I felt like it weren’t enough, I could add in my morning gratitude ritual or my nightly letters to God, the angels, the fairies, or whatever spirit helper is working with me at the moment. This would fulfill my spiritual requirement three-fold!
What will using Holistic Magic Do for Your Life
- You’ll feel better
- You’ll be more grateful
- You’ll be happier
- You’ll be kinder to other people
- You’ll be able to see things from other people’s perspectives
- You’ll understand yourself better
- You’ll feel connected
Holistic Magic DIY Tutorial
Practicing holistic magic or the “wholeness” and “essence” of you in everyday life can sometimes be a challenge but not impossible. In fact, the more magic you practice, the easier it gets!
Now, what am I talking about when I talk about using holistic magic? I am speaking of holistic magic (the essence of you), holistic health, and a holistic energy.
is also about treating the “whole” person, rather than just the part of him or her that is injured or sick. It’s about where the person lives and their environment. This will have a direct affect on them. It’s about interaction.
relates to energy healing techniques and modalities. It is about restoring life force or using your energy, often with the mind or without touching, to heal someone.
How Can You Apply Holistic Magic to Your Life?
- Writing letters to the universe and releasing feelings, fears, and toxins
- Using “letters to the universe” as a healing modality for yourself, as well others. You can heal people through the art of letter writing. The reason I know this is because I’ve tried it.
- Seeking out medical care from alternative practitioners
- Drinking teas – detox teas, teas for calm and relaxation, teas for medical purposes and/or digestion
- Writing gratitude lists. The number one way that you can apply holistic magic to your daily life, is through gratitude. There are times when I have a lapse in my lists and believe me when I say that I notice the difference. Being thankful for what you have is magic!
- Eating a plant-based diet. This isn’t about me furthering a cause (even if it is near and dear to my heart), this is the fact that eating a plant-based diet is spiritual. Want to take it to the next level? Read the next application!
- Juicing. Juicing is a phenomenal way to connect with your higher self. It tunes you into your environment and nature. True story: I started juicing in 2012′ and a week later felt comfortable with making the transition to vegetarian. Magic happens when you juice!
- Yoga and Meditation. This list would be incomplete without yoga and meditation. If holistic magic, health, and energy are all about integrating the body, mind, and spirit, then nothing does it like yoga and meditation. Matching your breathing to your body movements makes space for angels to speak through you.
How to Write Letters to the Universe
You can write a letter to the universe directly if you feel more comfortable being general, or you can write a letter to a specific deity, angel, fairy, or even a deceased loved one.
I starting writing letters to the universe when I turned thirty. That’s obviously a very powerful, transitional time in one’s life. Back then, I directed all my letters to God him or herself.
During that time, I would only write once in awhile then it developed a habit in the form of Sunday school. Over the years, I had an on again/off again relationship with writing letters. Then everything changed after I moved to Sedona, Arizona in the fall of 2014′.
I started writing them early in the mornings but not consistently. I would mostly write to Archangel Michael or Archangel Rafael at that time. I also wrote to the gnome that lived in a fairy tree behind our house at the time. His name was Graham Robinson and I left him an aqua aura crystal piece too.
When I moved back to Florida a couple months later, right before Christmas, I moved into a new apartment. All of the sudden I started writing to anyone who would listen.
I wrote to the angels, Isis, Green Tara, Lord Ganesh, Lakshmi, the fairies, and Merlin. I wrote and wrote and wrote and wrote.
There were times, especially on the weekend, where I would spend the morning writing up to ten pages! I swear, I could have written a novel with all my words.
To write your own letters to the universe, you simply decide who you’re going to write to. There are so many spiritual helpers out there so be sure to do your research first or you can settle on something that makes you feel comfortable. God. Goddess. Universe. Whatever works best for you.
Now it is simply your job to start pouring your heart out. Tell them about your problems. Release your fears, worries, and doubts. Request help if you need it. Add in some solid prayers and affirmations. Write whatever you like to make your own. It will have your personal stamp on it. Your unique signature and spiritual essence.
Once you are done, decide which method works for you. Is it drowning your letter in a bucket of water or burning it? I personally burn mine. I have used the bucket method in the past two. It’s like a spiritual cleansing or baptizing your letter.
- Green Tea – This is for energy and weight loss. It does contain caffeine but 70% less than that of a cup of coffee. I personally start every day with a cup of green tea.
- Detox Tea – Try to aim for one that can be used every day. Most of them can be but it will usually say on the box. Detox tea will help you with healthy skin and liver function. It cleanses you of toxins and excess waste.
- Chamomile – For those nights when you just can’t sleep. Aids with anxiety, stress, and create calm in your life. The perfect de-stress tea.
- Lavender Tea – Helps to relax muscle pain and spasms. It helps to calm and relax you and your body, as a whole. It also aids digestion.
- Smooth Move – A gentle laxative tea that can be used daily. Helps with constipation and the cleansing of the colon. It’s also naturally caffeine free.
- Gypsy Cold Care – For when you’re sick or just need a little bit of warmth and comfort. This is the angel wings of tea.
- Matcha Tea – A powerhouse of antioxidants and can be used daily. Aids in digestion and cleansing the body. Pretty much good for everything. An all-purpose tea, if you will.
- Chai Tea – Awe, the tea of Chai Lattes and cinnamon sticks. this is my favorite fall and winter tea. Brings warmth, comfort, and love. Invokes nostalgia and happy memories.
- Ginger Aid – This is the tea to help you with digestion and assist you with all your tummy troubles. I definitely think you should add this tea to your cupboard as a natural alternative medicine.
- Breathe Easy – Does just what it says! It’s for lung health and it helps you breathe. Great for colds, asthma, and other lung-related ailments.
This is just a short list of the teas I use. I am constantly adding new ones, as I curate a collection. I highly recommend you start with these wonderful tea staples for holistic health!
Please Note: Whenever possible get tea with peppermint or mint flavored. For example, my green tea is always mint flavored. Here’s why: It helps with clarity and freshness. If there’s something that you are having trouble deciding, mint or peppermint can help you make a clear-cut decision.
Homework: Write a Gratitude List
Write your first gratitude list today! If you are pressed for time, you can write one thing you are really grateful for and why. It can be one person or one thing. Then I want you to mark this on your calendar. Do this practice every day for a week and who knows? Maybe you’ll form a really magical habit!
I recommend doing gratitude lists either at the beginning of your day or at the end of the day. For example, I write my letters to the universe every morning while drinking my tea. I write my gratitude list at night, even if it is just one thing.
Homework: Try a Plant-Based Diet For a Day
I’m only going to assign this homework for a day since it’s something that most people struggle with. I would like for you to go without meat for one day and see how you feel. You never know, one day can lead to the next, like you’ll find out in the next homework assignment.
Homework: Try a Juice a Day For One Full Week
Can you do it? I think you can! I believe in you. Juicing, even just once a day, is a great way to rid your body of toxins, get spiritual, and get all the nutrients your missing from one sitting.
Juicing processes or breaks up the plant-based material so that’s easier to digest and so that it spreads throughout your bloodstream. Health bennies? Yes! How does beautiful skin, shiny hair, and healthy nails sound to you? If that’s not enough, how about tons of natural energy to get you through the day?
Here’s a simple juice you can try in your blender or juicer so that you won’t feel intimidated to start. It’s easy and it will get you going!
Apple Cider Vinegar Apple Juice, Spinach, and Berry Blend Deluxe
- 1/4 cup of pure apple juice
- 4 overflowing teaspoons of apple cider vinegar or taste test as needed
- A small handful of spinach leaves (baby spinach or regular)
- Berries of whatever sort you like. I like to go for blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries or sometimes a little of all three.
- 1 Banana (medium to large)
Mix them all together in your juicer and add water to the line. Add ice as needed. With juicing, I always recommend adding in a little bit at a time, so that you can try the flavors as you go along. Even with a juice recipe, I’ve already tried, like this one.
Homework: Yoga and Meditation One Time
The best way to describe yoga: It’s like a massage inside your body! If you’ve never done yoga before, it’s only natural that you’d be intimidated. However, you won’t be doing any big, fancy moves here. Just stretching and making your breathing to the movements of your body.
Look up a downward facing dog and corpse pose and I want you to practice stretching your body and matching your breathing and movements for fifteen minutes. Granted, this isn’t enough to build a lifelong habit but it is enough to make you fall in love with what’s happening to your body!
Just try it! One time. You’ve got this!
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to write me on Etsy. I also encourage you to leave a review. If there’s anything I can improve upon or help you with, please let me know. That gives me a chance to fix it, rather than getting a bad review. Thanks so much for reading the Holistic Magic Energy Healing Kit!