Detox Water is about focusing on finding more inspiring ways to get fresh, clean, purified water into your system. This is something that is often overlooked in a detox diet and is highly important in cleansing your mind, body, and soul.
The liquid feels as though it’s going through your veins, cleansing you, restoring you back to health. That my friend is what hydration does for you.
It cleans out your entire system, reinvigorates each and every waning cell, and makes you feel full and satisfied. Pretty incredible, right?
While performing the mermaid detox diet, you’ll want to add a lot of water to your diet, and not just in the traditional way. You’ll want to act and think like a mermaid would.
How to Do This:
To do this, you’ll need to purchase a water infuser bottle
so that you can garnish it with fruits, mint leaves, herbs, and anything else that floats your boat. My daughter bought me last March for my birthday and it’s a Godsend!
I personally like to fill mine with water that comes from a water pitcher filtration system. Inside my water pitcher, I line the top with safe gemstones, like lepidolite and rose quartz, so that I can absorb their healing energies.
After pouring the water in, I line the basket with mint leaves and cucumber, making for the yummiest, most refreshing water you’ll ever try! I’m talking spa quality here.
You can mix n’ match your water in many different ways and if you’re anything like me, just a nice cold glass of water is good enough for you. It makes you radiate good health!
Ice Cube Magic
Ice cubes are another essential part of keeping hydrated. In the “clean diet,” we use ice cube trays. So, if you’re getting low on them, go get them now in those bright, fun summer colors!
Add your ingredients first. It can be herbs, berries, leaves, seeds, tea, and coffee, whatever you are most chemically attracted to. You know your taste buds best!
You already know that tea and coffee come with water. If you’re not using either one of these styles, add some berries and vegetables that you know would taste good in your drink. Remember, ice melts!
Like the fish in the bowl, you need water to thrive and survive. You can even use some of these tips for throwing parties. It’s a simple way to add a little something to the menu.
In this case, you might make ice cubes with a little alcohol. Keep in mind that vodka, if it’s a good brand, has the least amount of calories and is pure.
If you have any questions or would like a few more tips, leave me a comment and stay tuned for more add-ons. Hydration is key!
Detox Water Pitcher
In addition to using a water filtration pitcher, you can use that same water to make a fresh, cold pitcher of detox water. For detox water, you just need to decide on a few key ingredients.
Here are a few you can choose from, that I use on a regular basis:
- Cucumber slices
- Lemon Slices
- Grapefruit Slices
- Orange Slices
- Celery Sticks
- Mint Leaves
- Berries of all kinds
- Basil Leaves
- Ginger root
- Tumeric Root
- A pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Rosemary Leaves
- Apple Slices
- Beet Root
You can change them up, according to what you’re striving for.
Fill a separate pitcher with purified water (preferably, purified water that has been used with gemstones in the base), then add a maximum of three ingredients that flow well together.
By flow, the tastes blend well or offset another taste in a delicious, flavored water combination.
Example: Cucumbers, grapefruit, and turmeric root.
Serve to family and friends as needed! It’s perfect for summer, especially.
Warm Lemon Water
A great way to start the day and get things going is to drink a warm glass of purified water with lemon in it, first thing in the morning. Drink it all up to wake up your entire system.
This is the go-to method for raw vegans, but you don’t have to be raw vegan to implement this method. It really works like a charm!
Drink Your Weight In Tea
I’m a huge tea fan! I used to be a big coffee fan, but less so these days, as I wanted to cut-down on my caffeine intake. Just so you know, right out of the box, green tea has 70% less caffeine than coffee does. Just a little note for caffeine lovers!
I recommend tea because there are so many kinds, used for so many healing purposes. Here is a list of some of the teas that I use. Most can be found at your local grocery store or Whole Foods if it’s really exotic.
- Kombucha Tea: Gut healing and gut health. Probiotic.
- Green Tea: Faster metabolism, weight loss, and of course, energy if you buy the caffeinated version. I like mine with peppermint.
- Smooth Move – Sometimes when you’re doing a detox, you have less to digest, so you’ll have fewer bowel movements. Smooth Move can definitely help with that.
- Everyday Detox – To detox your liver of medications.
- Gypsy Cold Cure – For common colds and to warm you up. Great for the winter months!
- Ginger Aid: For stomach pain and problems.
This is the short list, but the reason I’m steering you towards teas is that it’s the perfect way to get more water flushing through your system.
Depending on the kind of tea you drink, this will also help heal and revitalize you, because to has healed, absorbing properties in it.
Safe Gemstone Elixir List
This is a safe list of gemstones that you can add to water. This goes without saying, but you want to be careful not to drink them down.
This is why I highly recommend keeping crystals in the base of your water filtration pitcher and in the net of your fruit infuser water bottle.
Please Note: You can also use it as a shopping guide for crystals. Gemstones have so many wonderful, magical, healing properties in them, and I believe consuming the water they sit in, will change your frequency for the better!
- Rose Quartz
- Lepidolite Fluorite (all colors of fluorite are considered safe)
- Clear Quartz Crystals
- Herkimer Diamonds
- Black Tourmaline
- Angel Aura Quartz
- Rutilated Quartz
A good rule of thumb is to choose crystals that don’t dissolve or melt. Try to aim for crystals that are tumbled or polished if you can, for safety reasons.
Before using any gemstones in drinking water, you’ll want to be sure to cleanse them first for at least five minutes to clean energy. You can do this with direct sunlight, running water, and by saging the crystal.
After clearing your crystal, hold in your non-dominant hand. If you are right-handed, it would be your left. If you’re left-handed, it will be your right, etc.
Hold for one to two complete minutes and visualize and say the intention aloud that you want to put into the crystal. You can also hold it up to your heart, closed fist, for additional empowerment, making you more open-hearted and heart-centered.
Here are Some Ideas For Intentions:
* Visualize and say that you would like to lose weight and get in shape into a rutilated quartz crystal, for example. This magic crystal is great for making healthy changes and motivation.
* Visualize and say that you would like to have more body confidence and self-love into a rose quartz gemstone. Rose quartz is great for love, healing, and heart-opening.
* Visualize and say that you want to love yourself more and enjoy more fun and playful workouts into a lepidolite crystal. This swirly purplish-pink gemstone is great for getting in touch with your playful side and loving yourself and your body.
* Visualize and say that you’d like clear, revitalizing energy to keep you hydrated with fluorite crystal. Fluorite has a clean, pure feel to it, that helps you focus and concentrate and gain clarity, where it’s needed.
As you can see, the focus of the Mermaid Detox Diet is one key ingredient: water! Just like real mermaids, water is life. The human body is made up of 70% water, so this makes perfect sense for us.
Tips For Staying Hydrated
*Always keep a water bottle with you, everywhere you go. If you can’t, do the next best thing, and keep to on your person.
* Drink juices and smoothies
* Start your day off with warm lemon water
* Suck on ice cubes. try to avoid eating them, if you can, as they can be bad for your teeth.
* Keep a water detox pitcher in the fridge at all times, keep it refreshed every couple days, with fresh lemon slices, cucumbers, mint leaves, and more!
* Drink more water than anything else! Any other drink should be a follow-up or next in line to your water. Eat fruits and veggies that are water-based: celery, cucumbers, watermelon, etc.
* Add ice cubes to your water, to keep the drink long lasting!